On 8/24/12 8:04 PM, Mashiat Sarker Shakkhar wrote:
Diego, Mans, Luca and others objecting to the patchset, please be
reasonable.

We pointed issues in the patch and we are willing to help getting it in, having inline assembly is problematic for a number of reasons and given the fact clang would probably have serious issues with the current patchset it is in the best interests for mips to write pure asm optimizations since I guess at least few customers would have interest in using it (e.g. pure bsd custom systems, I know they exist).

That said there isn't much we can do to help since mips hardware is sadly scarce lately.

lu