On 21/10/13 00:31, Peter B. wrote:
> On 10/20/2013 05:13 PM, Luca Barbato wrote:
>> There are updates, will take some time to sync them up, would be nice
>> having proper documentation, but I guess extracting it from the code
>> will be the fast route.
>
> Yes, I also guess that this will be the practically fastest way.
> Thanks, if you're going to synchronize the code.
>

>> If you really care about ffv1 a standard set of vectors to try it would
>> be needed as well. (compare vp8, vp9, h264 and hevc in this regard)
>
> I must admit that my videocodec-foo is too weak to really be able to
> comment on this.
> Could you point me to the right resources, so I could do some reading-up
> on this one?

Basically you should make sample files (so 1 frame or 3 frame sample)
that sports specific corner cases or common cases.

e.g. all the kind of capture you want to make using it.

release it under a liberal license (so I can keep it in the fate
repository w/out qualms) and you'll make my life much easier =)

lu