On 10/24/2013 11:52 PM, Ronald S. Bultje wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 5:29 PM, Peter B. <p...@das-werkstatt.com> wrote:
>
>> On 10/21/2013 12:43 AM, Luca Barbato wrote:
>>> Basically you should make sample files (so 1 frame or 3 frame sample)
>>> that sports specific corner cases or common cases.
>>>
>>> e.g. all the kind of capture you want to make using it.
>> Like, e.g. VHS, DigiBeta, etc?
>> If so, then how many different samples should I provide?
>> The ones I have are usually in yuv422p.
>
> People typically use more standardized existing content, such as:
> http://media.xiph.org/video/derf/

Hm...
So, it seems that I didn't yet fully understand the purpose of the
provided samples.

I know the "Derf Collection" at Xiph.org very well, and I've ran
mass-tests for FFV1 on them during FFV1.3 development [1].
Luca Barbato said to provide 1-3 frame samples of "all the kind of
capture you want to make using it".

Comparing the results from tests with the Derf Collection (and others,
e.g. VQEG [2]) to our archive material, I've noticed that there are big
differences, regarding the original source media of the video. The Derf
collection, btw. also does not contain any material in 720x576 [3] -
which is a common resolution for capturing PAL material.

So, which samples would you like?
I would also appreciate it, if you could point me somewhere to read up
on what you are actually testing in this case, so I could understand the
choice of samples myself :)

Regards,
Pb