On 07/20/2014 01:58 PM, Reinhard Tartler wrote:
On Sun, Jul 20, 2014 at 1:50 PM, Justin Ruggles
<justin.rugg...@gmail.com> wrote:
On 07/19/2014 01:22 PM, Reinhard Tartler wrote:
On Sat, Jul 19, 2014 at 12:26 PM, Diego Biurrun <di...@biurrun.de> wrote:
On Sat, Jul 19, 2014 at 12:23:58PM -0400, Reinhard Tartler wrote:
For release branches, we currently don't have any FATE Farm. It would
be great to have something like that, but as far as I understand, it
is a lot of effort to setup FATE for release branches, which is really
a shame.
Huh?  It's just a matter of changing a Git URL..
I wasn't aware that it's that easy, please go ahead and change fate to
also cover the release branches.

We also need to be careful about removing or changing existing tests in ways
that will break release branches. An alternative would be to copy all of the
reference samples to a separate dir when a release branch is made and use
that instead.
That's what we've been doing since release/0.7:

rsync -vaLW rsync://fate-suite.libav.org
samples         r/o access to Libav's samples collection
fate-suite     r/o access to Libav's fate-suite
fate-suite-10   r/o access to Libav's fate-suite for Libav 10
fate-suite-9   r/o access to Libav's fate-suite for Libav 9
fate-suite-0.8 r/o access to Libav's fate-suite for Libav 0.8
fate-suite-0.7 r/o access to Libav's fate-suite for Libav 0.7

We also adjust the target "fate-rsync" in tests/Makefile for release branches.

Oh, nice. :)

-Justin