On Jan 28, 2015, at 3:57 AM, wm4 <nfx...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 27 Jan 2015 16:57:21 -0700
> Brad O'Hearne <br...@bighillsoftware.com> wrote:
>
>> No fear...I won't be. If I move forward, I'll author a completely new API,
>> not built on FFmpeg. Your turf remains unthreatened.
>
> For someone who complains about being antagonized, you sure antagonize
> a lot.

You’re words, not mine. From you in this thread:

> "Yes, I see such vendor-specific things as a "threat”.”

> I know I tend to be rude and rough, but holy shit you're one special
> individual.

More rudeness, once again for the purpose of personal insult. You just can’t
quit, you can’t avoid taking a personal swipe. We are who we choose to be.

I think it is time to kill this thread…it left the realm of being productive a
good while ago, and at this point it is distracting from the continued pursuit
of maintaining the status quo, and scolding newcomers for top-posting.

I’ve got no ill-will for either you nor Carl. I wish you both the best in your
pursuits, both on this project and elsewhere. I just find unfortunate the
opposition to contribution that doesn’t align exactly with your needs or views,
and I find even more unfortunate the continued propensity to turn the turrets
on people personally when they’ve got the moxie to tell it like it is, for the
sake of acknowledging the reality and attempting to better it. Nearly
everything great that has ever been accomplished in any field has had to
overcome this same resistance. I hope the FFmpeg project and mailing list at
some point does too.

I’m out.

Brad