Brian,

Yes, I agree that the community believes these things.

The problem is that a malicious actor could sign up for the list and
forward messages posted to it. The admins allow freemail users to
subscribe, so this is a credible attack vector.

While I trust the members of the community would not violate the spirit
of the list, unfortunately we cannot guard against malicious outsiders
while maintaining the open spirit that the list currently has.
--
Greg Norcie (g...@norcie.com)
GPG key: 0x1B873635

On 6/4/12 9:49 PM, Brian Conley wrote:
> I believe we have also agreed, generally, as a community, that the
> content here should not be shared broadly outside the list, or consider
> "on the record" unless you request the consent of the initial poster. I
> hope others will state whether they think this is the case, or not?
>
> I know that the community is "online" and so "not secure" but i believe
> it should be considered "private to the community" as a matter of courtesy.
>
> I hope others will jump in with their thoughts as well!
>
> Brian

If you would like to receive a daily digest, click "yes" (once you click above)
next to "would you like to receive list mail batched in a daily digest?"

You will need the user name and password you receive from the list moderator in
monthly reminders. You may ask for a reminder here: