Regarding community standards, I think that it depends on context.  For
instance, when someone posts an event or a job listing to this list, I will
often forward it on under the assumption that people want it to be public,
but I typically don't forward on any discussions of security or particular
countries or current events under the assumptions that the people involved
would consider that private-ish.

Greg does bring up a good point regarding community standards versus
security, though.

Sam King
Director | Code the Change <http://codethechange.org> - we have a Code Jam
for social good coming up!