On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 9:00 AM, Andy Isaacson <a...@hexapodia.org> wrote:
> That's expected, because you're still going through the translation
> layer.

Ok, I now see the faulty assumption in my experiment — blocks are
added to the mapping only after being erased.

> If you had instead hooked up a microcontroller to the data pins
> of the flash chips on the circuitboard, you'd find that much of the data
> you'd written is still on the flash chips; it's simply in pages that
> aren't referenced by the current FTL state.

That's not necessarily true, it depends on the algorithm used for wear
leveling — see [1, §2.3.1].

[1] “Algorithms and data structures for flash memories”,
http://dx.doi.org/10.1145/1089733.1089735.

--
Maxim Kammerer
Liberté Linux: http://dee.su/liberte