Also on the subject: EFF's very basic guide, designed for bloggers and the
like, includes a guide to webhosts:

https://www.eff.org/keeping-your-site-alive/

On Sat, Mar 2, 2013 at 1:09 AM, Katy P <katyca...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> Sadly I was the victim of a targeted DDOS attack on my blog today after I
> wrote some blog posts that certain people from a certain country didn't
> like.
>
> However, on an upnote, a friend from the past directed me to WP Engine
> because they scan for and fix hacking attempts.
>

> http://support.wpengine.com/what-are-the-details-of-wp-engine-security-processes/
>
> It isn't cheap, but wanted to share the recommendation....
>
> Thanks,
> Katy

US: +1-857-891-4244 | NL: +31-657086088
site:  jilliancyork.com <http://jilliancyork.com/>* | *
twitter: @jilliancyork* *

"We must not be afraid of dreaming the seemingly impossible if we want the
seemingly impossible to become a reality" - *Vaclav Havel*