Hi,

On 09.08.2013 20:07, Griffin Boyce wrote:
>   So here's my idea: Barring the honor system, it would require a filter
> to look at message content to check for PGP headers.  And if said
> headers didn't exist, the message doesn't get sent.[1]

I wrote a milter for sendmail/postfix to reject non-PGP mail that scans
the first lines of incoming mail: https://github.com/moba/pgpmilter

My idea of a mail provider: The MX records of domains contain a list of
different entities around the globe that accept incoming mails. The MX
servers rejects non-PGP mail (or, alternatively, encrypts mails towards
a user key for some addresses), and stores incoming mail in a
distributed file system again maintained by separate entities.

It becomes a bit hairy in the details, but can be done. How do we get
this funded? :-)

--
Moritz Bartl
https://www.torservers.net/