On Sat, Oct 12, 2013 at 12:23 AM, Andrés Leopoldo Pacheco Sanfuentes
<alps6...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, of course. BUT!
*snip*

Then the rest is moot - that's my point. Unless you can substantially
change the behavior of the permanents seats of the UN Security Council
- ~where~ the figureheads "meet" changes nothing about the behavior of
the States, espionage, etc.

Symbolic gestures are what get us ~right back where we started~ every few years.

In any case - I hope we see substantive changes in the behavior of the
members of the Security Council as a whole. Which isn't to say I
believe the UN itself has any meaningful bearing to that. -Ali