On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 8:00 PM, Jillian C. York <jilliancy...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Since I already have more skepticism of Google Ideas and Jared Cohen than
> I need, let me pose this question:
>
> With the understanding that uProxy provides no anonymity protections, *is
> it providing anything that other circumvention tools do not already?*
> What's unique about it?

"No anonymity protections" is a bit of a stretch if "anonymity" includes
browsing from a country that tries, but fails to snoop on your traffic. But
sure, it doesn't pretend to be a cookie blocker, or Tor.

uProxy, as far as I can tell, provides an easy way to use fast connections
you trust. Very strong emphasis on "easy" and "fast" (i.e. noncongested.)
So, you can browse securely from a coffee shop or Iran without the hassles
that come with most other similar tools (difficult setup for self-hosted
VPN servers, trusting a third-party provider for hosted VPN services,
lacking usability/non-intuitive setup and interface for many pieces of
privacy software, and very variable speed for services like Tor.)