Totally agreed. We've been considering integrating Tor nodes in some way
with Lantern for awhile, originally inspired by conversations with
@ioerror. I think something along those lines could be incredibly
effective, and I just added it in the more general idea section of our
somewhat sparse roadmap at:

https://github.com/getlantern/lantern-roadmap/blob/master/README.md

We've been super focused on just getting Lantern proper functioning really
well before doing something like making Lantern a pluggable transport, but
that's certainly been an ultimate goal for awhile, so thanks for bringing
it to the fore. The right time for it seems to be rapidly approaching.

-Adam

On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 2:56 PM, coderman <coder...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 12:13 PM, Adam Fisk <af...@getlantern.org> wrote:
> > ... we really would love to hear any criticisms of Lantern people may
> > have, including anything technical or ...
>
> make Latern function as a pluggable transport for Tor!
>   https://www.torproject.org/docs/pluggable-transports.html.en
>
> thus expressing by action the fondness you describe in words ;)
>
> best regards,
> --
> Liberationtech is public & archives are searchable on Google. Violations
> of list guidelines will get you moderated:

Adam
pgp A998 2B6E EF1C 373E 723F A813 045D A255 901A FD89