'Safe' is a word that is thrown around a lot when it comes to
technology, and it really should be qualified; on its own it means very
little. We have a warning label on our downloads pages, describing what
Commotion cannot provide in terms of safety, which I would suggest
taking a look at:
https://commotionwireless.net/understanding-commotions-warning-label. On
that page are some suggestions for other tools you can use, depending on
your needs.

However keep in mind that digital safety is never absolute and requires
much more than using the right tools; it requires an understanding of
the situation, the risks involved, *how* to use the tools your have, and
a lot more...

As pointed out before, wireless is inherently a broadcast medium, which
makes transmitting devices locatable to some degree. Anonymity is really
difficult, and is not something Commotion provides.

Dan

--
Dan Staples

Open Technology Institute
https://commotionwireless.net
OpenPGP key: http://disman.tl/pgp.asc
Fingerprint: 2480 095D 4B16 436F 35AB 7305 F670 74ED BD86 43A9