On Thu, Feb 12, 2015, at 11:45 AM, Tim Libert wrote:
> asking for a friend, can anybody suggest best ways to have a secure voice
> conversation with persons located in mainland china from outside china?
> threat model is interception by chinese authorities, other states/actors
> are not of significant concern.  email alone is insufficient for task.

1) Setup a VPN of some sort to defend against traffic filtering and
blocking. Tor doesn't work with streaming audio (UDP) so it isn't an
option this case, but there are still viable VPN solutions out there
(ExpressVPN and others detailed here:
http://www.greycoder.com/best-vpn-china/)

2) Use something like Ostel (https://ostel.co/) service to have an
end-to-end encryption audio and/or video call using Jitsi or CSipSimple
(Android) or Linphone (iOS/Android):
https://guardianproject.info/howto/callsecurely/

You might also try using Signal (iOS), Redphone (Android), or
SilentCircle apps for mobile, but I am not completely up to date on how
well they work at the moment.

+n

--
  Nathan of Guardian