Yosem,

I think all journalists should point fake news and/or challenge people who make false statements that are disseminated to the public, no matter where those statements exist. I miss old fashioned journalists who worked to expose the truth, no matter which political party was involved.

For example, a lot of mainstream media outlets are promoting the idea that Jeff Sessions is a racist. The hosts on news channels do not call out people who present a skewed picture of him, notably leaving out his history of pursuing the KKK and coordinating with State officials so that a white supremacist who murdered a black person would receive the death penalty.

Fake or false news is a problem all over, not just on social media. I'm sure that there will be studies coming out as they analyze the election.

Some of the coverage is so slanted I can't even watch certain cable channels or read certain websites.

Carolyn Santo