... like believing Breitbart News...

Actually, "fake news" have become an important smear strategy in US Elections,
even before Facebook and "social media..."

Remember the Dukakis campaign and the impact of one "Horton" case?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/monkey-cage/wp/2016/01/06/its-time-to-stop-the-endless-hype-of-the-willie-horton-ad/

Regards | Saludos,

Andrés Leopoldo Pacheco Sanfuentes
<a...@acm.org>