--- In Libertarian@yahoogroups.com, "timstarr2001" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> True, but your claim that they _were_ protection rackets was
> obviously false, for at least two reasons:
>
> 1) Protection rackets sell protection from themselves, not from
> others.

And Governments don't sell protection from themselves, as well? When
you refuse to pay taxes (protection money) you will most likely be
kidnapped by the Government and your property will be confiscated.

> 2) Protection rackets lack the ability to operate overtly, they can
> only operate in secret.

Where is this in the definition?

For the FOURTH time, here is the definition of a protection racket:

"an extortion scheme whereby a powerful organization, most often a
criminal organization or gang, coerces individuals or businesses to
pay protection money which allegedly serves to purchase the
organization's "protection" services against various EXTERNAL
THREATS, whereas usually the actual threat comes from the
organization itself.  Those who do not buy into the protection plan
are often targeted by the organization and are harassed to try to
force payment of the protection money."

Source: "Law Dictionary and Research Guide"

> Correct.  All this proves is that you can't interpret your own
> definition, as government protection includes real external threats,
> not just imaginary ones.

Where in the definition is it stated that protection rackets only
offer protection from "imaginary" threats?

> You claimed that we have no enemies except those created by our own
> governments.

I did? Please back that up with a quote from one of my previous posts.

---Sasan