--- In Libertarian@yahoogroups.com, Chris Edes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

[snip]

>X is the power of the whole people.  Y is the power of the federal
>government.  Z is the power of the largest group willing to fight a
>war.  X > Y > Z.

Wrong equation, not all the members of X (or Y, for that matter) are
willing to fight to defend the status quo.  Nor is it necessarily the
case that Z will be less than Y, either.

The proper analysis is of which group will be best able to compete
for control of the State, and whether that competition will be
peaceful or violent.

>I also think it's more efficient for a single police force to
>protect rights...

Then you clearly believe that the USA ought to have one single
nationalized police force, instead of a motley collection of
competing police agencies at the Federal, state, county, and city
level.

Tim Starr
Fight for Liberty!