--- In Libertarian@yahoogroups.com, Chris Edes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>A government doesn't have to have vice laws.  It doesn't have to
>fight unjust wars.  If we had something in the Constitution that
>explicitly forbade Congress to...

We do have something in the Constitution explicitly banning Congress
from infringing upon the right to keep & bear arms, yet Congress has
done so freely for decades.  Constitutions aren't self-enforcing, and
there's no third-party to enforce disputes between Citizen and State.

>Since you make the distinction, are the Somali warlords a
>government, or a mob?

Tribal governments, yes.

>What about the janjaweed in Sudan?

The Janjaweed are the sub-contractors of the Sudanese State.

>If we had supported the Wiemar Republic, rather than imposing
>humiliating sanctions, it might have stood against fascism.

We did support the Weimar Republic, the reparations (not sanctions)
weren't humiliating and were in any case lifted gradually over time,
and the Weimar Republic prevented the rise of Fascism (and the return
of authoritarian militarist imperial expansionism) for over a decade
before its breakdown.

You're right about the difference between totalitarian &
representative governments.  However, what you seem to fail to
realize is that totalitarian governments are the least anarchic, and
representative governments the most anarchic.

Tim Starr
Fight for Liberty!