Your evidence might be good, except that Alaska is so remote and
harsh and (like you say) does not have the jobs.

-------------------------------

>Whether a protection racket actually offers real protection
>depends on who you are; a "client" (victim)...

I was looking at it from the client/victim's perspective only.

>If you want to argue FOR government, please provide evidence
that
>the amount of actual protection delivered is worth the amount of
>money forcefully taken through taxes and the amount of people
>forced to pay them at the point of a gun/prison.

My main evidence for this is the fact that "voting with one's
feet"
to escape taxation is often quite feasible, especially at the
state/
city level, but it happens quite infrequently.  For instance, I
have
a libertarian friend from Alaska who lives in Silicon Valley, CA,

despite the fact that Alaska has no state income, sales, or
property
taxes, while CA has all of the above.  He hates paying those
taxes,
but doesn't move back to Alaska because he can't get a job which
will
give him as much after-tax income there as he can down here.

Tim Starr
Fight for Liberty!