From: "Zack Bass" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> --- In LibertarianEnterprise@yahoogroups.com, Wraith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> >
> > At 03:20 AM 1/25/2008, you wrote:
> > > And the stuff about the "Do as thou wilt" as being some
> > > sort of pseudo-religious creed cannot be traced back
> > > farther than Aleister Crowley - again, 20th century.
> > >
> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wiccan_Rede>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wiccan_Re
> de

The Wiccab crede is "> > >No way this crap is thousands or even hundreds of
years old!

> > Chuckle...and this differs from crap made up thousands of years
> > ago in what regard?
> >

> In the regard that it is not thousands of years old, as was claimed -
> THAT after all is what I was responding to.

And as was pointed out, what the fuck difference does that make?  If a legend
of fairies in your garden was invented in the last decade, does that make it
less valid than a legend of fairies in your garden invented thousands of years
ago?  You can talk to folks who personally knew the founders of modern Wicca
You can't say that for the "traditional" religions.

I'm an atheist, been so since I first read the KJV cover-to-cover when the
Southron Baptists were planning to full-immersion baptize me and save my soul
at the age of 12 -- the book I read had been an award for perfect attendance
and responses in Sunday school -- I thought that was a big step and decided to
read the manual and "my life was changed".  I got no truck with any of those
fantasies.  But in my experience, Wiccans have been consistently nicer people
than Xtians.  True, I was married to a Gardinerian Wiccan for most of a decade,
that might distort my view.  (Life experience is subjective, not objective,
whatever Saint Ayn might say).

The Wiccan rede is "And it harm none, do what you will".  Seems to me to be an
acceptable form of the ZAP.  You mentioned Crowley, but his line was "Do what
thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law".  Very different concepts.  I respect
Crowley (to a point) as a scholar, not as a philosopher, and by all reports he
was generally as much of a jackass as you are.  He produced a dynamite tarot
deck anyway. (I like them as art, I don't attempt to read the future by
irrational methods -- Bob Wilson was a friend and teacher, but I can't follow
his full path -- one "dark night of the soul" was enough for me and it happened
well before I turned from a lazy libertarian into an anarchist).
--
Ward Griffiths    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Well, if you're gonna buy a ticket on the Titanic, you might as well go First
Class.

Captain Audie Murphy, Texas Ranger, in _Roswell, Texas_ by L. Neil Smith, Rex
May and Scott Bieser.
http://www.bigheadpress.com/roswell/