The Libertarian Enterprise
A FEATURE OF NetPlanetNews.com
Issue 474, June 29, 2008
This issue's Motto: "These are beings perfectly willing to kill
                      you and your children for your own good"
http://www.ncc-1776.org/

THE WEEKLY CARTOON
One Dollar Gas Bumper Sticker
http://www.cafepress.com/artemiszuna/1289034
http://www.ncc-1776.org/tletoon/dollargas.jpg
See also: What Part of "One Dollar Gas" Did You Fail to Understand?
by L. Neil Smith:
http://www.ncc-1776.org/tle2007/tle423-20070624-02.html

EDITORIAL MATTERS

Have you ever had one of those days? Dangerous Pat (who's doing very
very well, by the way -- I've been remiss in answering your inquiries,
for which I apologize. I'm just a mess, is all). Anyway, Dangerous Pat
suggested we have breakfast for dinner. We like breakfast, and we do
that sometimes. "Corned-beef hash, eggs, and toast!" she suggested.

"Sounds good to me!" sez I, so I started putting it all together. Then
I went to the pantry... no corned-beef hash! "How about a BLT-CE?" sez
I. That's a BLT with also some cheese and a fried egg. That sounded good
too, so I started putting <i>that</i> together. And what do you know,
no lettuce! It's just one thing after another. Anyway, we had a BTCE
finally. And very tasty it was, too. Yer just got to find yer joy
where yer can. And sometimes it's by having breakfast for dinner.

June is almost over. Already. How time flies sometime. We're having
a goodly bunch of that ol' Globular Warming up here in the Arizona
Mountains. Beats that Globular Freezing we have in the winter!

We're a Reader-Supported Publication you know:

     http://ncc-1776.org/donate.html

A big "Thank-You!" to our supporters. If there were just more of you.
But Things Are Tough All Over. Another support option open is to
click on our advertisements and affiliate links. Get yerself the
stuff you want and need and were going to buy <i>somewhere</i>
anyway!

Welcome to issue number 474! Enjoy!

Ken Holder
Editor
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

ROSWELL, TEXAS by L. Neil Smith is now available for pre-order from
Amazon.com via this link (from which TLE will earn a commission):

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0974381454/webleywebdesignk/

ARTICLES

1.  Letters to the Editor
     from Victor Milan, L. Neil Smith, Robert Jackman, Scott Graves,
     Edwin E. Smith, Susan Callaway, Brian Nickerson, and A.X. Perez

2.  A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Des Moines
     by L. Neil Smith

3.  Leave Them to It
     by Jim Davidson

4.  The Central Theme of Democracy