--- In LibertarianEnterprise@yahoogroups.com, wdg...@... wrote:

> > Let's say they are the plaintiffs - the complainants.
> > Although the alleged dumb bomber didn't know them
> > he wound up targeting them for attempted murder....
>
> "Attempted Murder", unless there was assault involved,
> is not a crime in any jurisdiction I know of.

Sure it is.
Lots of guys are incarcerated each year because they hired a hit man who was
actually incapable of harming the target - almost all "hit men" are undercover
police officers.  When someone hires one of these, he THINKS that he is going
to have someone killed, but his method is bound to fail.  It is his INTENT that
current Law punishes.
Likewise, Squeaky Fromm was imprisoned despite the fact that her "weapon" was
harmless.
On the other hand, current Law is very inconsistent on this.  For example,
Michael Jackson hired a Witch Doctor to cast a spell that would harm an enemy.
It turned out that Witch Doctors cannot actually cast spells that harm people,
but Jackson was too stupid to know that; he definitely INTENDED to do what he
could to harm his enemy by Force.  He committed, morally, the exact same
attempted harm committed by Squeaky Fromm and the guy who wanted a hit man; yet
he was never punished at all.