Marc Lehmann, el 20 de enero a las 16:49 me escribiste:
> > I would say to make a macro:
> > #define loop default_loop ()
> > but they don't go too well with namespaces :S
>
> Now, you give me ideas, one could of course...
>
>   static struct
>   {
>     operator loop_ref () { return ...; }
>   } default_loop;
>
> would be interesting to see what kinds of overhead this creates, if any.

I don't think it's going to work. Even if that struct takes no space, you
get a multiple definition error when linking multiple translation units.

And then, it would be useful only for passing arround since to call any
methods you'll have to do something like
ev::loop_ref(ev::default_loop).method();

But it would be so nice if we can sort out a way to use the default_loop
as an object. One way to do that would be to include the default_loop
alocation in the libev.so, compiling in some ev++.cpp which consist in
just in:
#include "ev++.h"

ev::default_loop;

Maybe it's not that much overhead for C uses after all.

We should provide an initialization method for the default loop and make
the default constructor a NOP though.