On Tue, Nov 05, 2013 at 02:19:22AM +0000, Mark Delany <m...@quebec.emu.st>
wrote:
> Slightly OT, but I too have been compiling/running libev with the
> clang3.3 C++ compiler on OSX and FBSD9.2 for some time without any
> apparent drama.

Good to hera (it might depend on libev configuration though).

> Not sure what the previous state was, but, progress sounds good.

Indeed!

The original problem was that EV perl module failed with clang, because of
an "errornous error":

   ./libev/ev.c:1254:31: error: static declaration of 'ev_default_loop_ptr'
   follows non-static declaration
     EV_API_DECL struct ev_loop *ev_default_loop_ptr = 0; /* needs to be
initialised to make it a definition despite extern */
                                 ^
   libev/ev.h:554:26: note: previous definition is here
     extern struct ev_loop *ev_default_loop_ptr;

That was in april 2012, so a while ago (and apple loves to ship antique
versions of clang).

      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /      schm...@schmorp.de