shadow <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> r> Aren't cops people?

>In this context, no - they're govt agents.

You're mythologizing gov't so much, you actually view it as composed of
nonhumans.

> r> How do you figure, when it's about OFF DUTY & RETIRED officers?  It's
> r> about their personal use of guns, not the job.

>Their only qualification is they are or were govt agents.

But that could be enough to get such a measure enacted.

In the 1980s I also thought up a way to get the NYC transit system
privatized -- by giving it away to its current employees.  I figured they
might have enough political clout to achieve it, if it was combined with
similar giveaways of other municipal assets.  Looks like I anticipated the
informal type of privatiz'n that occurred when the USSR dissolved.

Bounty?  Rely, Iris!,
Robert in the Bronx