> Sorry, Rob, I have to be an absolutist on this issue. Allowing off-duty or
> retired police officers to carry concealed is not an expansion of the
> "people's" rights. It's an expansion of the govt's authority.

Arguable snce police officers are presumeably answerable to local and county
authority not federal  (A nit pick)

Also retired cops don't seem to answer to much of anyone, except perhaps
ntheir spouses, do they?

In any case I agree with you

The underlying feeling is that having been a minion of authority makes one a
safer and less unporedictable carrier of a firearm

Which then carries the hidden assumption that those of us who aren't or
never have been minions of authority are inherently less safe with guns.

--
Jay P Hailey ~Meow!~
MSNIM - jayphailey ;

"Oh, okay. Hands-on experience."--David