Good evening again Dave!

Dave Laird wrote to Frank Reichert...

> You are quite right, Frank. I mis-typed the message, and it is I who has
> always posted the King James Version and you The Revised Standard Version.
> Now we cannot go changing such a long-running tradition, now can we? 8-)

Thanks so much. Was wondering if you got my message questioning
the positioning of the two versions, since some of the stuff sent
from usenet doesn't make the trip across, as expected.

I remember using the King James Version in grade school back in
the middle 1950s for our School's Christmas programme!  Imagine
that, only a half decade ago when the government schools were
still allowed to script from the Bible the real, and authentic,
Christmas Story.  That's long gone now.

So, it's not really entirely an accident either why I oppose so
strongly government education of children these days, because
they seem to get very little in the form of education,
particularly historical things that have anything to do with our
predominent western culture, which frankly is a synergistic
history that involves the Christian religion as the centrepeice
of such cultural understanding.  No wonder why kids seem so
confused these days?  What is Christmas *REALLY* all about?  You
won't get an answer to that question in the government schools
today. It's prohibited, as a lot else seems to be insofar as real
education is concerned.

> King James Version it shall be, restored from the first archive in
> spk.phoenix, which is dated 1989. Looking forward to this, our Christmas
> tradition, with great relish.

Thank you. At any rate, I will do my annual duty and obligation
to bring the Christmas story in view on this channel according to
the Revised Standard Version of the Bible.  That is the same
story that has been told in vernacular fashion throughout western
history for the last 2000 years! I am proud to uphold that
tradition, as I am sure you must be.

I'm looking forward also to receiving your continuing segments of
the Christmas season, and hoping you will post all such here for
everyone to see and read, as they wish.

Kindest regards,
Frank