Good morning, Frank....

Frank Reichert wrote:

> Good evening tonight, Dave!
>
> Boy! Did THIS thread ever go heywire, or what? I can't believe
> I'm even talking this technical shit here on this thread... but
> here goes...

Eh, why not. A little diversion every once in awhile does everyone good,
no?

> What you probably don't know is that THIS message, is being
> transmitted via DOS 6.22 via Windows 3.1 from a DOS machine!  As
> are all other of my messages are going out tonight, and probably
> most nights.  I probably have one of the best DOS 6.22 and
> Windows 3.1 libraries on the planet, and yes, I had to scronge
> around a great deal to acquire this stuff these days.  I did that
> because no one else seems to be doing it, and a lot of folks
> still seem to want this stuff and are looking for it, although
> Micrsoft doesn't even admit it ever existed at all!
>
> This shit still works as originally advertised.

[grin] Except that it is very prone to hackers and crackers. Given I have
an allergic reaction to such people, I'll stay with the machine of choice
this morning: FreeBSD Unix. <grin>

> As a caveat here however, I do use another machine to do much of
> the same thing -- and hardly anyone around here notices at all!

What is the "other" machine? Curiosity strikes...

Dave
--
Dave Laird ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
The Used Kharma Lot

 Fortune Random Thought For the Minute
A lost ounce of gold may be found, a lost moment of time never.