Good evening again, Tim!

Tim Bedding wrote to Frank Reichert...

I previously wrote:
> > Welcome to the 'club' of one-world re-visionists, Tim.
> > Guess you'll love the response from "10 Downing Street" on the
> > outcome on your so-called 'free' choices.

To which you replied:
> I am not sure what you are saying above.

I do support your commentary which follows, regardless of your
understanding of the above clip.  To which, I further wrote last time:

> > That's the entire nature of the game these days.  You don't have any
> > damn choices. Your choices are already determined, and are made by
> > those who believe you are too damn stupid, or incompetent to decide
> > what your own choices over such matters might be best for you.

And, to which, you continued:
> Some people might make the wrong choices but, where possible,
> I think this should be tackled through education not by
> quickly reaching for the ban-it option.
> The ban on vitamins seems to be the wrong approach.
> If the vitamins have not been proven safe, why not insist on
> labelling saying so and let the consumer make up his own mind?

>From a Libertarian perspective:  Some people do make "wrong" choices,
but even that is definitive upon 'who' is providing negative input on
the choices so made. Most often I have found anyway, that it is people
who just don't like the choices YOU make from a subjectively
interpreted moral or religious background.

What is frightening about all the moral laws governing our everyday
decisions these days, is that we have less and less such decisions to
judge for ourselves what is 'right' for me, for us, etc.

A case in point.  I feel very, terribly badly about US troops in Iraq
these days, although I have historically and continue to be strongly
supportive of the troops and bringing them home tomorrow, if not last
night!  This does fit:  I view the immorality of the war in Iraq as
essentially evil.  Certainly I do not imply that the US troops
carrying out this aggression as necessarily evil, perhaps mainly only
victims of a government gone amuck!

I also have to be honest here and suggest to you that I also believe
the US government deserves exactly the outcome of this fiasco, as well
as all of the Americans who voted this current government into office,
not once, but twice!

Unfortunately, the 'troops' being maimed and killed in Iraq are the
consequence to this decision.  That doesn't address the issue of
morality very much, and I understand that.

I hope someday soon, we may find a way in America to take a look at
other alternatives to the current 'status quo' which is proving each
and every day to be a giant disaster or our own way of life as we have
defined it for the last 200 years.

Kindest regards,
Frank

    Liberty Northwest Home Page:  http://www.liberty-northwest.org
           Admin matters:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

    ...Liberty is never an option... only a condition to be lost