Frank

> I have to progress here to the idea of why the United States has
> any moral right to impose its ideals upon any other sovereign
> state, mostly against its own will.

Bush wants to create freedom rather than try to maintain a secure
world. I regret this.

However, I am not sure that a high percentage of Iraq citizens
wanted to stay in the tyranny which counters your "against
its own will".

> Now I suspect you might want to ask yourself several other questions.
> Why did we do this?  Was such for national security reasons?  Was it
> for economic gain?

Why support Israel?

In "Born Yesterday", one of things the Melanie Griffith character
was instructed to say was something like "the US cannot
continue being the world's policeman".

Stability in the Middle East can be considered to be in the
interest of the US as instability can feed into terrorism.
Militant Palestinian groups seem to be concerned about real
issues which maybe the US can help to address.

> The result of such an a new order will have, as its only agenda, not
> to support your own human rights, national sovereignty, or any notion
> of personal freedom or liberty.

The first Iraq war to get the Iraq army out of Kuwait occurred
(in support of the "new order") and the sky has not fallen. It seems
a little premature to be getting too worked up about liberty in that
context.

A more real concern for me is the identity card bandwagon which
the UK government seems happy to endorse.

In PMQs today, Charles Kennedy, the leader of our
third party, the Liberal Democrats, asked Blair to drop the idea
and Blair declined. I have yet to hear an argument that security
will benefit.

You might also like to know that the Conservative Party (sort
of our equivalent of the Republican Party) has come out against
the ban on Vitamin sales.

Regards
Tim

The Matrix
Neo: [I don't believe in fate] because I don't like the
  idea that I'm not in control of my life.