>I like Anthony Gregory.  I really do

But I wish Jay would use more informative subject lines.

As to the questions posed by the article, I think many of them can be
short-circuited by asking whether the moral evaluation would change
anyone's behavior.  If you, or a government, are ever in a situation
wherein you have to slaughter the innocent to save yourself, is your
decision going to change on the basis of whether someone then considers you
a bad boy/girl?  I think in such cases the actor involved isn't going to
care, or is going to care much more about the situation at hand.

And if it makes no difference to the actor what your moral evaluation of
the act is, why would you bother formulating such an evaluation?

In Your Sly Tribe,
Robert