G'evening, Travis...

Travis Pahl wrote:

> On 8/15/05, Dave Laird <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Good afternoon, Lowell...
>>
>> I alternate between thinking one minute that I must be a libertarian,
>> because I agree with so many of the national policies I read libertarians
>> support. Then the next minute, I object to such things as NAFTA and
>> CAFTA, which makes me very much in the minority where most libertarians
>> seem to be concerned.
>
> Actually most libertarians are opposed to NAFTA and CAFTA.  Free trade
> is not a 1000 page document.

VERY well stated! I didn't realize most libertarians were opposed to NAFTA
and CAFTA, but it does make perfect sense that they should be. Reading
some of the responses to this thread earlier I read where someone (perhaps
you) stated simply that free trade is just that -- in a sentence. <Gasp>
But then what would all the bureaucrats do for a living if it wasn't
obfuscating the hell out of simple statements? <laughing to myself>

Dave
--
Dave Laird ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
The Used Kharma Lot / The Phoenix Project

An automatic & random thought For the Minute:
There's nothing to writing.  All you do is sit at a typewriter and open a
vein.
                -- Red Smith