On Mon, 2005-09-05 at 20:59 -0700, Dave Laird wrote:

> But we never hear about these folks. All we hear is about the job FEMA is
> purportedly doing. ;-(

Here is a FEMA report for you:

"FEMA has taken over and put on hold an airlift operation Texas
initiated to send displaced persons to other states, Texas Gov. Rick
Perry said in a statement on his Web site Monday. The agency is
reviewing how to best handle the influx of evacuees to Texas, which
Perry said Sunday had reached 230,000."

So Texas, which had stuff going on and figured out, which was doing good
things as needed, has been stopped from doing them by the FEMA.