"Our Nation is prepared, as never before, to deal quickly and capably with the consequences of disasters and other domestic incidents."
  - Michael D. Brown, March 9, 2005
http://www.fema.gov/library/speech_brown030905.shtm

"This first response and emergency management team has grown because of the unfortunate events that have occurred in our nation. But since the terrible events of the past, we now have a federal department whose primary focus is homeland security. And, in particular, a focus on first response."  -Michael D. Brown, Monday November 8th 2004  http://www.fema.gov/library/speech_brown110804.shtm

"We're not a first-responder agency,"  -Michael D. Brown, Monday September 12th, 2005
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/09/13/national/nationalspecial/13brown.html

Travis