Good evening again, Robert!

Robert Goodman wrote in response to Frank Reichert...

Frank Reichert previously wrote:
obviously pointed out several other facts that we all need to
really consider at this very moment in time, and also at a time
when our mainstream media is mesmerized by cultural pluralism.
We are stuck with this nonsense, but all Americans will be
confronted with essentially that, cultural democratic pluralism!

To which, you replied:
Could you please expand on that?  Because superificially it reads as
anti-liberty.

I wrote to Travis just earlier giving a rather full elaboration on this very issue. There is, after all, a difference between political universal liberty, and individual and group choices based upon social, religious, and even cultural contingencies. I guess I'm wondering how we can overcome this deli ma, that is, tolerating Islam in a pluralistic society that accepts in principle religious liberty, and a religion that by in large wishes to destroy liberty and the constitutional basis for liberty in such a way that it is replaced by forced Islamic law.

Again, that really is a deli ma here! How do you go about doing that when you have a "religion" that honestly wishes to destroy such liberty and the practice of other religious or philosophical ideals which are supported through tolerance and liberty to do so.

I want to point out too, that historically this is not a new problem. It has been going on since 700 A.D.! Islam managed to coerce most of north Africa (which was predominately Christian at the time) to accept Islamic government that would protect them better than the former governing power did! Eventually, Islamic law triumphed, which resulted in the Christians being marginalized within a larger Islamic State! You can see how this played out in such places as Egypt, and even in Iraq, where minority Christian communities still exist under tremendous restraint. In more recent times, this also played itself out in Lebanon! You might want to read Brigitte Gabriel's current book "WHY THEY HATE", which describes in rather graphic detail what took place in Lebanon when Islamists took control of a pluralistic country and society that tolerated virtually everything.

As I wrote to Travis earlier, this is fundamentally what our own children and grandchildren will have to deal with in the coming years and decades.