Hello everyone,

Am 28.01.2013 14:13, schrieb Petr Mladek:
On Mon, 2013-01-28 at 10:05 +0100, Rainer Bielefeld wrote:
Petr Mladek schrieb:
[...] BTW, I dislike the "noise" the discussed "3 strikes" solution will
cause. I'm thinking about a different solution:

I think most of you know, that I proposed the three strikes, but I am for the
best solution so. let's wait till the end of the discussion....

I am against 3 strike solution as well :-) My opinion is that it would
cause to big traffic and do not help much. If people does not react for
the first warning, there is only small chance that they would react on
the second or third one.

Strike 1:
Query will find NEEDINFO bugs untouched for a long time and fulfilling
some additional "hopeless criteria".
Reporter's of these bugs will get polite mail with request to contribute
additional info that we will have to close the bug without additional
info. This mailing  only send mails to reporters, will not change any
info in the Bugs, so that data as "Days since last change" and similar
will be available for other queries. List of related bugs will be
published on QA list

That's not a big technical challenge, I think I can create required
tools (what can be used fur further actions in future easily) within 1 hour.

Strike 2 After 7 Days:
Query for all Bugs for what mails have been sent in Strike 1:
- Changed since mail (probably by reporter): QA will take care
- NOT changed: Mass close via Bugzilla with polite message
    "Sorry ..., but feel free to reopen if ..."

What do think?
I like this solution. It is polite and creates only one change in
bugzilla.
[...]

Okay do you mean the button "Send mail to bug Assignees"?
In my query some of the following would get mail: Me, A. Timar, Joel... so QA staff + dev So, what should we do? I was able to display the e-mail of the reporter, but you won't get me to send 200 mails.... A button "Send mail to the reporter and everyone who is interested in this bug" would be nice ;) [Sorry for sarcasm]

BTW: I have a improved query for LT Neeedinfo bugs: Currently 393

BTW, I would not do that too often. Sometimes it's simply not easy for
reporter to contribute desired info, for example because bug is not
simple to reproduce. May be such bugs can be marked by entry of a QA
"Mentor" in QA contact or similar.
I would do this regularly to keep bugzilla clean and avoid masschanges
in hunderts of bugs. There are different reporters, so we will not touch
the same reporter in each round. IMHO, the most important is to give
user chance to answer before the first warning (30 days or so).
+1

Best Regards,
Petr

--