Terrell Prude' Jr. wrote:

Caolán McNamara wrote:
On Tue, 2010-10-26 at 02:32 -0400, Terrell Prude' Jr. wrote:
Terrell Prude' Jr. wrote:
Michael Meeks wrote:
Glad to test, but a little tip would help. My other boxes, including the one I'm on now, are all running CentOS 5, and the "yum-builddep openoffice.org" command returns "no openoffice.org.src". Is there a specific repository I need to point to?
Ah - ok; so this is really a question for a RedHat-ter - I suspect Richard may have some sage advice; possibly we need an explicit command
there.
Hi folks,

Just following up. Any sage advice for getting this to work on CentOS 5?

I imagine that e.g. yum-builddep gedit also fails, i.e. generic missing
source repositories in the yum.conf, maybe https://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=12958
would help, i.e. check that the repository for the SRPMS exists and/or
is enabled.

C.

Thanks. Just took a look there, and indeed there was no CentOS-SRPMS.repo file. Fixed that and enabled everything except for the centosplus stuff.

Unfortunately, yum-builddep still isn't happy yet, even when I throw --enablerepo=*SRPMS. I still get a "No such package(s): gedit.src", and the same for openoffice.org.src. However, "yumdownloader --source" will fetch source RPM's just fine.

Below is my CentOS-SRPMS.repo file if this will help.

#base
[base-SRPMS]
name=CentOS-$releasever - Base SRPMS
baseurl=http://mirror.centos.org/centos/$releasever/os/SRPMS/
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=http://mirror.centos.org/centos/RPM-GPG-KEY-CentOS-5
priority=1
enabled=1

#released updates
[update-SRPMS]
name=CentOS-$releasever - Updates SRPMS
baseurl=http://mirror.centos.org/centos/$releasever/updates/SRPMS/
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=http://mirror.centos.org/centos/RPM-GPG-KEY-CentOS-5
priority=1
enabled=1

#additional packages that may be useful
[extras-SRPMS]
name=CentOS-$releasever - Extras SRPMS
baseurl=http://mirror.centos.org/centos/$releasever/extras/SRPMS/
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=http://mirror.centos.org/centos/RPM-GPG-KEY-CentOS-5
priority=1
enabled=1

#additional packages that extend functionality of existing packages
[centosplus-SRPMS]
name=CentOS-$releasever - Plus SRPMS
baseurl=http://mirror.centos.org/centos/$releasever/centosplus/SRPMS/
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=http://mirror.centos.org/centos/RPM-GPG-KEY-CentOS-5
priority=10
enabled=0

--TP

Hmm...am I asking this in the wrong place? Just wanting to set up the compile environment for LibreOffice on CentOS 5.

Thanks,

--TP