Cloph,

> But given that the job had stopped so many months ago without anyone
> complaining

At the time, Maarten reported this on the dev IRC, infra IRC, and the mailing
list.  At the time, I assumed someone from infra would take care of it.

> Recreating it is always an option

Why can't you reset the user's password? In the time, it took you to write that
email, I could have rebooted into recovery mode, dropped to root shell, and
reset the root password on the boxes I manage. This is a 30-second procedure.
Every hypervisor has some method to allow admins to boot guests into single
user.