Hi,

On Tue, Aug 07, 2012 at 09:43:50AM +0200, Matúš Kukan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 7 August 2012 08:14, David Tardon <dtar...@redhat.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> I've removed -warnaserror+ . It should not be bad ?
> >
> > Hm, I think this actually should be bound to
> > $(ENABLE_WARNINGS_AS_ERRORS), but ulitmately we should build
> > warning-free, if possible. Of course this can be done later.
>
> Well, it was because:
> c:\cygwin\home\matus\git\libo\workdir\wntmsci12.pro\CustomTarget\cli_ure\source\basetypes\assembly.cs(22,11):
> error CS1699: Warning as Error: Use command line option '/keyfile' or
> appropriate project settings instead of
> 'System.Reflection.AssemblyKeyFile'

Right. So it is better to use -keyfile:file here. I will change it.

> error CS1606: Assembly signing failed; output may not be signed -- The
> system cannot find the file specified.
> make: ***
> [C:/cygwin/home/matus/git/libo/workdir/wntmsci12.pro/CliLibraryTarget/cli_basetypes.dll]

I think this is because $(OUTDIR)/bin/cliure.snk file is not present or
the path is wrong--this error message is before your path format changes
in CustomTarget_cli_ure_assemblies.mk, is it not?

> > Yes, if you check cli_ure/source/native/msvc.map , you will note that it
> > does not define any global symbol.
>
> How is it used then ?
> Clearly my knowledge about libraries is poor.

It is not a regular C++ library, but rather a CLI assembly containing
C++ impl. of class uno.util.Bootstrap .

> >> So that library is proly useless ? Anyway, who cares, it's windows..
> >> but with rules in gbuild in such cases you are missing .lib file and get
> >> error.
> >> I've found out this some time ago when I was converting some windows
> >> module.
> >> So, the exported symbol is workaround for this.
> >
> > Hm, does the linker need at least one exported symbol to create the .lib
> > file? I need to check how is this done in dmake...
>
> With dmake every library exports GetVersionInfo()
> Somewhere it creates the .c file and adds it to library.

Ah, right, that is it.

D.