* Jacob Hrbek <krey...@rixotstudio.cz> [2022-02-01 04:59]:
> Same as in the software the existence of such blobs especially in
> the modem that on most devices has direct access to ring-0 of the OS
> which usually can

I understood the point, but that is not spyware. It is maybe security
vulnerability. Report it to right place. As what you reported here
cannot be handled nor solved.

> I am developing hardware already excluding chip development that i
> am still experimenting with.. e.g. currently working on
> https://github.com/ringerc/openscad-pegboard-peggrid/pull/2 which is
> licensed under BSD license.

OK, and why BSD? That people can make proprietary documentation out of
it?

I don't mind if it is that license or GPL based, but you are the one
that promoted four freedoms, and now you say BSD license, so I am just
asking. Do you find it alright that somebody improves the design and
than make it again proprietary, not allowing other people to improve
on it?

> and i can't really afford to make complicated projects as FSF will just
> endorse my competitor to hurt me financially and make it significantly
> harder to sustain the development like they did with PINE64 to hurt free
> hardware projects such as https://github.com/Open-Smartwatch, like they do
> now with Power Progress Community and like they will always do unless
> something dramatically changes in FSF and they finally recognize that
> Hardware Freedom is critical for Software Freedom and should be fully
> supported by FSF

As I said previously, I will be glad to register FHF or Free Hardware
Foundation for you, US $600 only, it can be done within 1 day. Then
you can make decisions in your own foundation.

> and it's to me really annoying that this whole situation could be
> avoided by FSF undoing their endorsement of Purism while

You are lobbyist with the conflict of interest. You have spent money,
and did not reach your targets, and you have envy towards Purism. They
are maybe reaching targets. But how you talk about it, it is all about
money spent on your side and then this talk on the list is the attack
against FSF with the purpose to damage Purism.

I find that all purely personal issue. It is to be solved within you
or you with other company, but is not related to FSF or LibrePlanet

> highlighting the hardware freedom issues as their whole business
> plan is oriented around FSF and Free Software Movement to sell their
> products which would force them to keep their word and release the
> hardware files instead of indefinitely saying "oh even after you
> gave us millions on crowdfunding **NEARLY A DECADE AGO** and we
> currently hire 40 people to work on our products, ye we also have a
> notebook now, cool eh? but we still didn't pay for the development
> of librem 5, help us with that and buy librem 5! 7th batch of at
> least 1000 devices (close to 3000 now most likely) for the price of
> 1199 USD per each next week" and making fools off us all.

It is envy for third party making money.

I welcome companies making money. And now Purism is making money by
advertising free software -- I welcome that. I wish they make 100
times more in this year.

And if you failed in making money, well, analyze it why and try to
find better ways.

Is it really the best way for you to recover your lost and invested
money to promote Fears, Uncertainties and Doubts on FSF, Free Software
Foundation that allegedly "continuously harms free hardware"?

Is it really the best way for you to recover your lost and invested
money to promote Fears, Uncertainties and Doubts on Librem, Purism
because they are selling hardware and software and making money on it?

In other words, focus on your own business, let other organizations
develop and prosper.

If you have complaint on Librem and you purchased it, revert to
manufacturer. Complaints on free software, file issues at appropriate
place.

> And just that FSF won't do anything about this situation and
> continue

This is also wrong place to directly contact FSF. You have their
website, contact them directly. Me I am not affiliated to FSF or I
speak for GNU, I state my opinions. I don't see anybody here yet even
responding to you from FSF

You have their contacts.

> participating on this in good faith assumed fraud (with reasoning provided
> beyond a reasonable doubt including quotes from expert 3rd party hardware
> manufacturers) is depressing especially (not meant as an insult,
> just what i

For the usage of the word "fraud" -- I am assuring you that FSF is not
involved in fraud and that you don't know what you are doing and
saying. Depressions are solved elsewhere. I suggest walking around,
going into nature, looking and talking to people.

I suggest you foster that hardware project as that is one step towards
free hardware design, that is what counts.

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman