Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 22:35:58 +0200
From: "Franklin Eekhout" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Replacing a HDD in Libretto 100CT

> Do you have a PCMCIA CDROM drive?
> Yes. I have a Freecom CD/RW. If I could somehow make a boot disk which
would
> give me access to the Freecom, this would be the answer.

Go have a look around www.bootdisk.com. I have seen references to boot disks
with 50 cdrom drivers, I expect one of them would function in the end... It
just tries each driver one after the other. Else search any file repository
for boot disks.

> Do you have a network card?
> Yes, I have a Psion PCMCIA network card - 10base2

You could try building a netbuei boot diskette using the msclient disks from
Microsoft... I did this once many years ago to get ms-dos computers to
access a WfWg 3.11 file server. Used one this week (I didn't make it myself)
to get access to a W2K cd on a W2K server to install.