Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2001 21:09:58 GMT
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Need some urgent Libretto 50CT help...

Hi Chris,

  Actually, the 810 want's fdisk'd in the Lib, only on my pc.  The 4.3 gig
can't be fdisk'd on the Lib because the Lib can't detect it.  So I'll try
doing it on the pc and making enough free space for the hibernation area.
  The Lib isn't overclocked, standard 50CT, no mods.  Can you point me to
some info about shortening leads, etc?  I've compared the two drives side
by side and there are minor variations, but the sizes are pretty much
identical for everything that counts.  Anyone have the same drive as me?

Alex

Christian Kuiphoff writes:

> Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 11:25:52 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Christian Kuiphoff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: Need some urgent Libretto 50CT help...
>
> Alex,
>
> When you reformmatted the 810meg, it had already been fdisk'd in
> the Lib.  You need to fdisk the 4.3 in the Lib also.  Like I
> said, some have had problems with overclocked Libs and some of
> the newer hard drives have a different IDE spec that requires
> aither a clipping or shorting of a trace.  Search the archive for
> more on this one.
>
> Chris
> http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumList?u=21020

Alexey Zilber