Date: Sat, 07 Apr 2001 06:24:14
From: "neil barnes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Need some urgent Libretto 50CT help...

Christian,

I think we're all pointing in the same direction...

http://www.toshiba.com/taecdpd/products/jumpers/hddjump.shtml has the tech
info for toshiba laptop drives. I got there through the mak4309 - listed in
the archive as an older drive - so probably the lower of the two diagrams is
the one.

Point 1) When you format on an ide to 2.5" adaptor, the jumpers are all
floating, which automattically makes it want to be a master.

Point 2) It looks as if jumpers CD (or J2 - same pins) have to be open to
make a master. If BD are linked, then it will cable select, so pin 28 has to
be LOW. Equivalent of BD link is not allowed with older drives.

Point 3) 800M, 3.2G, 6.0G from toshiba, plus 4g from IBM all known to work
without modification in my CT50

Point 4) Your 4g tosh works in a desktop.

I wonder if a pin has got bent inside Alex's libretto? Other possibility -
he should isolate the circuit side of pin 28 and ground it *danger will
robinson* this will *certainly* void your guarantee and still might not
work, but shouldn't stop it working anywhere else. At your own risk!

Neil