Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 13:01:09 -0400 (EDT)
From: Jim Sheafer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re:  New Libretto 100CT owner

On Fri, 8 Jun 2001, Joe Sacher wrote:

joe_sa >--- Jim Sheafer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
joe_sa >> The CD drive I use is connected to my desktop PC... a $9.99USD "null
joe_sa >> parallel" cable and a little patience is the minimum needed to get
joe_sa >> software/music off of CDs.
joe_sa >
joe_sa >What software do you use to setup the link between computers?

Winders 98/ME:
  "Direct Cable Connection"
(Start->Programs->Accessories->Communications->Direct Cable Connection)
  If it's not there, go to Start->Settings->Control Panel->Add/Remove
Programs and select the Windows Setup tab and add it under Acessories.

  Both machines have to run it, one acting as a host and one a client.
Works great. Make sure both machines have the same workgroup...

Linux:
  "PLIP"
   Basically it's PPP over parallel. It rocks.

--
-Jim

----
Jim Sheafer            http://www.tux.org/~sheafer/