Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2002 10:15:40 +0800
From: Raymond <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [LIB] Libretto 70

Hi John,

The manual can be downloaded from the Toshiba website (its actually an interactive
manual thingy, go to the downloads sections and its buried amongst the drivers). AFAIK
you can only change the screen brightness *officially* through Toshiba power
management/power saver (the 'hairy lightbulb' that sits in the system tray and which
gets installed if you install Toshiba's power saving software - this can be found on
the Toshiba website). IIRC there are other programs out there that people have written
to make the same system calls to change the brightness ... there isn't a hardware way
of doing it though.

As for instant on, I presume you mean save-to-disk ... the Toshibas indeed do have
this, you can set the power button to either turn off the libby or to hibernate it on
push, ditto with the closing and opening of the panel. Both these are configured in
the Toshiba utilities which you can also download from the Toshiba website. If you
have no luck at toshiba.com try toshiba.co.uk, last I looked their site was better
organized than the US one.

Hope this helps and welcome to the club! ;-)

- Raymond

At 05:42 PM 1/01/2002 -0800, you wrote:
>Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2002 19:39:21 -0600
>From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Subject: Libretto 70
>
>Hi
>
>I am a new Libretto owner- just got a 70ct off ebay. It is really cool.
>It is over clocked to 166 and has a 6 gig hard drive. I have a couple
>of questions. Where can I get an users manual for it? How does
>one adjust the brightness of the screen? Has anyone ever tried to
>add an instant on feature like the HP Omnibooks have? TIA.
>
>John

>Do above but with this on subject line: cmd:unsubscribe digest

---

|                 | "Does fuzzy logic tickle?"                |
|   ___           | "My HDD has no reverse. How do I backup?" |
| /  \ a y b o t  |          [EMAIL PROTECTED]             |
|                 |          HTTP://www.raybot.net            |
| ICQ: 31756092   |   Need help? Visit #Windows98 on DALNet!  |