Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2002 20:56:53 -0600
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [LIB] Libretto 70

Hi Raymond

Thanks for the info. Actually as far as the instant on, I think HP
actually keeps power going to the memory or a section of memory
so it doesn't hibernate it just keeps the memory alive. It is quicker
than a hibernation in that it doen't have to write or recall anything
from the disk. When you turn it on it instantly puts you at the same
spot you left off. On another note- how well does NT run on the
70CT? Win98 is very quick. Is NT compariable?

John

On 1 Jan 2002, at 18:22, Raymond wrote:

> Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2002 10:15:40 +0800
> From: Raymond <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: [LIB] Libretto 70
>
> Hi John,
>
> The manual can be downloaded from the Toshiba website (its actually an interactive
>manual thingy, go to the downloads sections and its buried amongst the drivers).
>AFAIK you can only change the screen brightness *officially* through Toshiba power
>management/power saver (the 'hairy lightbulb'
that sits in the system tray and which gets installed if you install Toshiba's power
saving software - this can be found on the Toshiba website). IIRC there are other
programs out there that people have written to make the same system calls to change
the brightness ... there isn't a hardware way
of doing it though.

> As for instant on, I presume you mean save-to-disk ... the Toshibas indeed do have
>this, you can set the power button to either turn off the libby or to hibernate it on
>push, ditto with the closing and opening of the panel. Both these are configured in
>the Toshiba utilities which you can also
download from the Toshiba website. If you have no luck at toshiba.com try
toshiba.co.uk, last I looked their site was better organized than the US one.