Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 06:21:18 +0000
From: "Matthew Hanson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [LIB] A couple of questions....

>Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 04:19:28 +0000
>From: "Matthew Hanson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
>After many many hours of attempts getting a SUWIN error starting
>installation.... after hours and hours of Scandisk running from DOS (anyone
>know a command line switch to get around that?), ...

Was hoping to find a switch for W95/W98 setup.exe that would skip running
Scandisk.  Found I could do a "setup /?" and get the lists of switches:

---------------

Setup Options:  SETUP [batch] [/T:tmpdir] [/im] [/id] [/is] [/iq] [/ie]
[/ih] [/iv]

batch           Specifies the name and location of the file that contains the Setup
options.

/T:tmpdir       Specifies the directory where Setup will copy its temporary files.
If the directory doesn't exist, it will be created. Caution: Any existing
files in this directory will be deleted.

/im             Skips the memory check.
/id             Ignores the disk-space check.
/is             Skips the routine system check.
/iq             Skips the check for cross-linked files.
/ie             Does not create an Emergency Boot Disk.
/ih             Skips the registry check.
/iv             Skips the display of billboards during setup.

After repeated attempts at installing Windows in DOS on a < P120 Lib, ALL
those switches might help at speeding things up.

Must test.  More testing is good.  Must test more.