Date: Sun, 05 May 2002 20:25:07 -0700 (PDT)
From: "Kevin McClelland" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [LIB] Soldering temperatures

> Actually, the keyboard thing is something I've been
meaning to try out for
> a while ... the Palm/Stowaway keyboards are just
serial connections ... I
> *THINK* they could just be rigged into the serial
port (and powered
> somehow) and, if they're nice they'll just be sending
ASCII codes through
> serial. If not, I'd imagine it'd be a relatively
trivial task of rigging up
> a PIC 16F84 to translate (especially since they use
so little power you can
> power them off the DTR line of your average serial
port). I do wonder if
> you could directly tap the serial line on the docking
connector though ...
> the line driver might well be in the docking bar
itself given I can only
> see the E232C line mentioned (although I haven't
looked *TOO* closely).

It should work, it is just a matter of getting the
right signals to the right lines. I found some
information on setting it up to work with Linux, just
need to build a convertor to connect to the Palm
keyboard. I have the link at work, will try to post it
tomorrow. At least they got it working on the serial
port anyway.